Careers that Change Lives
Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
This role is the Senior Engineering Manager over the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME) team within the Restorative Therapies Group (RTG) focused on developing implantable medical devices in the neuromodulation space. The AMEs are responsible for process development on new products from concept through process characterization. This Sr Engineering Manager position will lead the AME group in developing new robust processes and technologies utilizing Design for Manufacturing and Lean Manufacturing principles.
Day in the life:
• Directs the development of new concepts from initial design through manufacturing transfer.
• Be the voice of RTG Operations in early development work to ensure Design for Manufacturing (DFM)/Cell Operating System (COS)/First Time Quality (FTQ)/High Volume Factory’s needs are met.
• Oversees the investigation and evaluation of new and existing technologies.
• Guides the conceptualization of new methodologies, materials, machines, processes or products.
• May develop, evaluate, implement and maintain technical quality assurance and control systems or reliability systems and standards pertaining to materials, techniques, or company products.
• Manages feasibility studies of the design to determine if capable of functioning as intended.
• Monitors documentation maintenance throughout all phases of research and development.
• Organizes the coordination of activities with outside suppliers and consultants to ensure timely delivery.
• Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
• Aligns with organizational strategy and delivers on operational and project goals.
• Sets high team performance expectations that meets or exceeds project goals which will result in robust and efficient value streams and fast time to market.
• Co-develops and transfers technologies, processes and knowledge to high volume facilities.
• Develops and administers budgets, schedules, and performance standards for the department.
• Works closely with product development teams to drive and integrate DFM principles leading to robust processes and technologies.
• Drives and integrates a culture of design for COS and FTQ principles.
• Coaches, mentors and develops talent for high performance.
• Collaborates cross functionally and cross business to investigate new robust and innovative technologies in alignment with R&D Roadmaps and operations strategies.
• Ensures successful product launch meeting the organization expectations as defined in the project plan.
• Provides technical expertise (directly or through his/her team) for any strategic activity including but not limited to acquisitions, due diligence, divestitures, design changes, strategic sourcing changes or projects.
Must Have: Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of relevant experience with 5+ years of managerial experience OR
- Mastersdegree and 5+ years of relevant experience with 5+ years of managerial experience