How does this Position help VTS Succeed?
Our mission is to be Commercial Real Estate’s modern operating system, the place where deals happen, customer relationships are nourished, and real-time market data comes to life. We're growing at an incredible pace and are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to own the engineering for the VTS Lease product space. This is a unique opportunity to join the first end-to-end solution for leasing commercial real estate -- empowering all players (tenants, landlords, brokers) of this ecosystem. You’ll be leading a motivated, results-oriented team through the next phase of our business while driving an efficient engineering process and coaching team members.
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Own delivery of a complex, challenging, and high-visibility product roadmap
- Drive customer-first focus with passion for building and growing empowered product teams to develop products for an international client base
- Reinforce a DevOps culture (“you shipped it, you own it”) across VTS engineering with investment in tools and processes relating to alerting, instrumentation, observability, SLA attainment, etc
- Manage EMs and senior engineers who are exploring management; they would manage a subset of your team
- Engage and inspire the team by clearly communicating our key objectives, and effectively engaging their collective expertise
- Working closely with our product manager counterpart and business stakeholders to develop roadmaps
- Develop and track metrics for product success and operational excellence
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture that reflects our company and engineering values, and attracts and retains a diverse team
- Recruit, coach and mentor team members, creating a structured environment and feedback loop that supports career development and high engagement
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- 5+ years management experience with one or more of the engineering teams
- You have a strong technical background and experience building, shipping and maintaining web applications and services
- You can contribute to technical strategy and decisions and understand technical tradeoffs and risks, and help prioritize work against product and business needs
- You have a strong track record leading teams, building and fostering collaborative cultures that deliver complex, high-quality products
- You provide clear, consistent leadership, management and mentoring for direct reports and the broader technology organization
- You have experience managing managers, including supporting first-time managers
- You have excellent communication, coaching, mentoring, and teaching skills
- You have experience recruiting and promoting emerging talent
- You have excellent communication skills and can create alignment with product, sales, marketing, and customer support in a startup environment where changes are frequent
About our team
- We have a 90+ person engineering team
- We work in small, cross-functional teams that include product managers, designers, and QA
- We value continuous learning in our everyday work
- We rely heavily on automated testing and CI (CircleCI)
- We use agile development and lean startup principles and practices to deliver products
- Our stack: Ruby on Rails, Python, React, Heroku, Postgres, AWS, Swift, and Kotlin