Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com.
As a Senior Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the execution of Systems programs to deliver integrated tactical communication systems (Command and Control (C2) & Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I) Networked systems), customer witnessed tests, maintenance systems, proposal execution and otherengineering services to Harris International and DOD customers. Support customers in a fast paced, dynamic environment, on a variety of other program and proposal related activities to meet business needs.
- Lead primary resource planning with multiple functional managers for both long term strategic needs and short term dynamic needs
- Able to execute and succeed in a fast-paced environment; dynamically prioritizing both short term and long term business needs
- Work directly with program management and sales on business and customer objectives and requirements to support business needs, pursuits and program execution
- Provide oversight on technical solutions, quality of deliverables and best engineering practices
- Lead monthly program reviews tracking progress, plans, and metrics against scoped budget, schedule, and technical performance
- Train and develop Project Engineering leads and other key subject matter experts.
- Collaborate with other managers to staff proposal efforts for Systems program opportunities
- Collaborate / Lead proposal process improvements
- Responsible for customer witnesses FAT staffing and execution.
- Collaborate with other managers to prioritize staffing to dynamically handle quick turn
- Manage test procedure and configuration database
- Oversee compliance to program execution process through both internal and external audits for ISO 9001 and CMMI Level3 compliance
- Lead continuous improvement of the program execution process through quarterly updates
- Lead department best engineering practices, efficiency, risk reduction and productivity initiatives through the creation and execution of a yearly Process Improvement Process
- Determine financial impact of all efficiency, productivity, and risk reduction efforts
- Lead program teams in collection of historical costs from program execution
- Lead Yearly Training Plan creation and execution
- Lead program teams in collection and analysis of Lessons Learned for process and practice improvement
- Collaborate with PLM and Sales on Strategic growth objectives and metric recording
- Market system solutions through sales conferences, PLM marketing initiatives, and other communication tools.
- BS degree in Engineering discipline with a minimum 6 years of relevant experience developing and/or managing product development and project execution
- Familiarity with product analysis, test design, development, execution, and development of automated tools to aid in test execution.
- Highly motivated, a self-starter and able to operate with little supervision in diverse environments.
- Demonstrated ability and experience leading Engineering teams across organizations and mentoring other engineers.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 and CMMI standards
- Active Secret U.S. Security Clearance or ability to obtain one required
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong Leadership and communication skills
- Strong planning and execution skills
- Strong people management skills
- Results Orientated
- Ability to manage rapidly changing priorities
- Effective communications skills across a variety of employee levels
- Experience with HBX (Lean/6 Sigma), 5S, and Kaizen tools and processes