We are looking for a strong engineering leader to manage and grow a team of top talents working in the Data Stream Processing group. You thrive in a dynamic environment and have a track record of technical expertise and management responsibility. This role is not about instructing or developing a team member's work directly, but rather guiding and serving to ensure the happiness and productivity of the team. The primary goal of this job is to enable every team member to do the best work of their lives.
- You will nurture an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- You will meet 1-1 with team members on a regular basis.
- You will plan and support career development.
- You will recruit and retain top-tier engineers.
- You have experience developing and delivering scalable, distributed software solutions.
- You have proven people management and leadership skills, and a proven track record of mentoring and coaching team members.
- You are passionate about building and fostering engineering practices and processes which improve quality and productivity of the team including version control, test-driven development, continuous integration, build/test/release automation and continuous deployment.
Desirable technical skills:
- Proven foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in operating systems, distributed systems, data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Rich development experience with Java or Go languages
- Expertise in working with container management at scale with strong knowledge of the fundamentals to include service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing. Knowledge of Kubernetes, Kafka, Flink or Spark, Docker, AWS, Golang or Java preferred.