$200K — $250K *
Rivian’s Cloud team is at the center of Rivian’s ‘data universe’, as well as at the center of all customer-facing business processes. Rivian’s Cloud model is the most progressive in the industry, collecting and processing petabytes of data from our customer fleet. In this role, you will function as the technical leader overseeing the building of Rivian’s Data Service is a low latency service that offer purpose-built APIs to interact with the vehicle and charger telemetry in both request/response and streaming fashion.
This is what you’ll do:
· Lead a team of high performing engineers to help design and build cloud-based distributed systems that are highly available, resilient to connection/data spikes and keeping the cost-to-serve in mind.
· Ensure security is thought through from get-go.
· Build SDKs/modules and tools to simplify the onboarding for the service consumers.
· Train and develop the abilities of less experienced team members and help build a culture of responsibility and ownership.
· Work collaboratively with various stake holders to provide team-based solutions, creating a culture of inclusion and diversity of skillsets.
· Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation and help define and implement on-call practices and procedures.
this is what you’ll need:
· Excellent teamwork and communication skills
· 10+ years developing code in python/java/go/c++
· 5+ years of experience managing a team of engineers, providing feedback reviews, career guidance, and leading technical direction for the team
· Being responsible for and own the uptime and reliability of applications
· 3+ years of experience working on cloud-based infrastructure such as AWS, GCP, Azure, or internal data center solutions based on VSphere, Openstack etc.
· Experience working in the IoT space a plus
· Knowledge of network architectures, security, and troubleshooting of connectivity or latency issues.
· Experience with K8S/EKS and Container or Serverless Lambda Architectures a plus
· Experience with highly scalable streaming platforms like Apache Kafka or AWS Kinesis.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s degree or PhD a plus.
Valid through: 4/3/2021