We are looking for a talented Engineering Manager who will join our US engineering team to lead our data platform and ML platform initiatives. This role is open to individuals based within NYC or remotely within the United States. Currently we are in the early days of designing a data platform and an ML platform to accelerate all our data operations and unlock the creation of our future ML-based products, and we’d love you to join us and lead the way.
This is a new role within the growing Engineering function, where you will be responsible for leading a team of talented professionals, assisting them to deliver complex technical solutions across a range of teams. The successful candidate will be comfortable directing, planning and coordinating the team, as well as developing overall concepts for new and existing products and processes. Reporting into the for our US team, this role is integral to the successful growth of Socure as well as wider company performance.
What You'll Do:
- You will bring your hands-on technical approach to management and work in close collaboration with our Engineering, Data Science, Infrastructure and Product teams to bring our Data Platform and ML Platform to life, to enable Socure’s innovation and growth.
- Own the end-to-end delivery of all projects related to our data platform initiative, from conception and design to development and production monitoring.
- Build, manage and grow our Data Platform and ML platform teams, foster Agile practices and continuous improvement, enable engineers to build, test, deliver and operate high-level software products across the company
- Enable a wide team of Data Scientists and Engineers to perfect our products and expand our product lines and offer easy and secure access to data for engineering teams to deliver faster.
- You will democratize access to data and aim to automate operations of large amounts of data efficiently, securely and reliably.
- Hire a diverse set of people and facilitate their career growth and success of the team and its members
What You'll Bring:
- You have experience leading one or more team(s) of 4-10 as a Manager with people responsibilities for at least 3 years. You are first and foremost a people person who has the ability to attract and motivate top talent and build inclusive teams. You are curious, collaborative, humble and have empathy as a key trait.
- You have experience delivering and operating complex software & data solutions - understanding the end-to-end needs of what is involved within this process; and you are able to distill complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans for your team
- You are comfortable working with data engineering systems, know machine learning processes well; and are familiar with technologies like: Hadoop, EMR, DynamoDB, Hudi or Delta Lake, Elasticsearch as well as MLFlow or equivalent.
- You like to use your technical experience to educate your peers in data & ML engineering technologies, best practices and platform thinking.
- Familiarity with Entity Resolution processes or Master Data Management are a plus
- Exposure or familiarity of data privacy & regulations eg. GDPR, CCPA (CA) or PII.
- You’re a former software or data engineer and have 5+ years of practical experience in building high scale, production distributed systems in a cloud environment.