$150K — $200K *
Do you want to lead an innovative team that designs and supports hardware for software defined radios used in aviation and defense? How about a position where you can tackle engineering challenges every day and gain broad exposure to the complete product life-cycle? Are you looking for an opportunity to build a strong personal network while working closely with external suppliers, production lines, and service centers to implement your team’s solutions?
This position is responsible for managing hardware development and test, project execution, and sustainment engineering for all Comm/Datalinks programs for Collins Aerospace.
A successful candidate will have working knowledge of and leadership skills in hardware development engineering fundamentals, with awareness of working with software, firmware,and systems engineering teams. The candidate will demonstrate proven ability to guide and lead development processes, will develop the team composition, and will be responsible for training. The candidate will also have the ability to work with local and remote teams to develop proven design approaches, detailed requirements, and project artifacts. Extensive experience in all development phases from concept, proposal, Preliminary Design (PDR), Critical Design (CDR), verification and validation testing, factory transition/support, and product deliveries are required. The candidate will demonstrate the ability to matrix multiple programs, development tasks and coordination, while supporting the various projects’ objectives of cost and schedule to assure defined requirements are consistently met in all phases of a product's lifecycle. Familiarity with Software Defined Radios (SDRs), networking waveforms, and communications network architectures is preferred in the role.
• Primary role is to lead a design engineering team in new product developments. • Candidate will work directly with and/or manage daily activities of hardware design engineers, project engineering, program management, and supporting organizations to develop advanced design to support SDR (Software Defined Radio) architectures. • Responsibilities include project execution direction to the engineering team. • Candidate must demonstrate sound decision making skills, communication skills, networking skills, and accurately forecast project work and costs.
• Candidate will lead the team using strong interaction, interpersonal, problem solving, mentoring and negotiating skills, and will be responsible for managing project risks/issues, elevating to upper management when appropriate.
• Candidate will be responsible for adhering to, and supporting Collins Aerospace process methodologies while developing and managing commitments to meeting project cost, schedule, and quality requirements.
• Candidate will lead hardware design engineers and will coordinate requirements identification, development, and acceptance testing of deliveries.
• Additional requirements include an understanding of systems, hardware development, and the associated processes, as well as project management skills including SPI and CPI analysis (earned value).
In addition to hardware engineering related activities, this individual must be able and willing to do the following functions:
• Make assignments of the team members that benefit both the performance goals of the project (short-term) and the interests and career development goals of the individual (likely more long-term). The individual must be both an advocate of the employee and a good steward for the project, and have the ability to balance these two objectives.
• This position will also require planning, organizing, resource allocation, personnel development, performance reviews, salary planning, and overall group management of a communications hardware design group
• Provide the employees with technical mentorship by helping them with both short-term and long-term career development support.
• Give direct and meaningful feedback in real-time and in a constructive manner. • Take action when performance does not match expected standard.
• Be an advocate for resources (equipment, training, etc.) for employees.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Valid through: 12/1/2020