The SCP Apps team is building Splunk applications and capabilities on the Splunk Cloud Platform. We are looking for an experienced hands-on engineering leader to help manage and grow a team of passionate engineers to develop cloud native and hybrid applications for our IT Markets and Security groups.
You are someone who thrives in a dynamic environment and has a track record of technical expertise and management responsibility. You will grow, hire and establish your team. You will guide, mentor and motivate them to deliver the best work they can do. You will act as a liaison between your team and Senior Management, Product Management, Project Management, Cloud Platform teams etc.
- Experience developing and delivering scalable, full-stack SAAS solutions.
- Experience developing analytics solutions for Big Data products.
- Experience building, developing and deploying products and services to production using DevOps principles like continuous build, integration and delivery, test-driven development and build/test/release automation.
- BS CS/EE or equivalent with 12+ years of industry experience, of which 3+ years is in Engineering Management
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- Play a Hands-on Technical Lead role who will be very familiar with the technical work design and development of the features and be able to get involved at the development and code level as required.
- Python and/or Golang development experience is desired.
- You will champion an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- You will meet 1-1 with team members on a regular basis.
- You will plan and support career development.
- You will recruit and retain top talent.