Senior Engineering Manager - Capital Projects
Armstrong Flooring, Inc. (AFI) is seeking a Senior Engineering Manager- Capital Projects to be located in Lancaster, PA. The Senior Engineering Manager- Capital Projects will be responsible for developing, managing and leading Capital projects to lower manufacturing cost and provide new capabilities to meet customer expectations. Additionally, the Senior Engineering Manager- Capital Projects will serve as a manager who directs, coordinates and exercises functional authority for the planning, organization, control, integration and completion of capital projects including the hand-off to Operations and the evaluation of Project Management and performance.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Engineering Manager – Capital Projects:
- Supporting the processes to develop engineering capabilities and execute plans and projects to lower current manufacturing costs and implement capacity improvements when and where needed to meet market demands and sourcing changes
- Developing and Mentors Project Teams, especially on Strategic Capital Projects
- Managing Capital Projects dependent on need and criticality. Hands-on oversight for most key projects
- Defining resourcing needs and capabilities required to develop the engineering related business cases and execute the projects that are commissioned.
- Integrating with and challenges the New Product Development and New Manufacturing Development processes to develop means and technology to realize full potential for the global business.
- Coaching personnel in a way that enables and motivates employees to increase their personal technical development at every level in the organization.
- Providing regular analysis that identifies the opportunities & gaps for capital engineering best practice implementation across the AFI organization
- Working closely and in coordination with the PMO group for Project Management best practices application consistently across different projects
- Communicating effectively with all key stakeholders for project planning, execution and closing
Required Qualifications for the Senior Engineering Manager – Capital Projects:
- Bachelordegree in a related discipline (ME, EE, IE or equivalent) required
- 3+ years of developing and managing direct reports required
- Successfully managed projects and work with multidisciplinary teams for 10+ years
- Successfully managed Capital Projects of $10 million plus size utilizing PMI methodology
- Excellent organizational and teamwork skills
- Strong Communication skills
Desired Qualifications for the Senior Engineering Manager – Capital Projects:
- PMI training/certification
- Masters in Engineering or Business
About the Location (Lancaster, PA)
Located in South Central Pennsylvania, Lancaster is ideally situated for easy access to major metropolitan cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC and New York City. Lancaster offers a vibrant arts and entertainment community with wonderful historic sites, B&Bs, museums, world class shopping, entertainment venues and restaurants. to read stories about Armstrong Flooring employees and how they have found “home” in Lancaster County and surrounding areas.
Why Armstrong Flooring?
With a heritage that began more than 150 years ago, Armstrong Flooring, Inc. is a global leader in the design and manufacture of flooring products with a focus on innovation, design, and environmental sustainability. Based in Lancaster PA, Armstrong Flooring serves both the residential and commercial markets.
- Standard benefit package offerings: Medical, dental, prescription drugs, life insurance
- Competitive 401(k) with company match
- Long term disability coverage
- Vacation and sick time
- Product discount programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Armstrong Flooring is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets.