Don't live life without it.
Our Web Development team is seeking a Manager to lead our dynamic team of engineers towards ingenuity and advancement. This manager is expected to utilize their extensive knowledge of Web development and will be accountable for ensuring that the people who build them operate in a manner that provides optimal customer and keyholder experience. They will assist in recognizing and solving inefficiencies in the development process, mentor engineers in their skill development and provide support to operations teams.
- Work with product owners to define requirements for new features, build product roadmaps and plan increments of work
- Whiteboard and socialize changes to APIs and system designs in collaboration with architects, tech leads and team members
- Meet regularly with team members to provide feedback on employee performance and coaching for difficult situations
- Plan process and technology improvement projects and influence other managers and delivery team leads to collaborate on execution
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in computer science, engineering or similar discipline preferred
- Several years of serving in either an engineering management or technical lead role
- In-depth technical skills that ensure credibility with engineers
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - able to explain technical concepts to designers, product managers and business people in ways that are meaningful to them
- Experience building development plans for engineering teams in the presence of resource constraints and demanding stakeholders
- Highly organized and able to multitask effectively
- Able to weigh several, often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a high-pressure environment
- A thorough understanding of how the web works and modern web application architectures
- The ability to see and to understand the larger context in which your team works and to craft solutions within that context
- Adaptability to changes in product requirements, organizational structures and business conditions.