Strava is hiring a Senior Engineering Manager to lead the Activities team. This is an opportunity to work on many of the features that are at the core of the Strava experience. We’re looking for an engineering manager to join the team and be responsible for the engineering execution of product strategy and supporting career development of engineers on the team.
About the Role:
- Lead a team of mobile and server engineers building the services and features that power activity upload, activity viewing and features that help athletes track their progress over time
- Partner with product, design and analytics to identify and deliver impactful product improvements
- Build an inclusive and high performing team culture within your team
- Work closely with other engineering leaders on team wide initiatives such as hiring, the intern program and the technology vision
- Demonstrating empathy for athletes and their experience while using Strava.
- Coaching the engineers on the team and supporting their career development, at all different levels and career stages
- Applying exceptional judgement to challenging situations
- Embracing an inclusive, collaborative environment that elevates a diverse set of voices and experiences.
You have Experience:
- Leading a team of engineers and supporting their career development
- Delivering well-designed, high quality products at scale
- Building distributed systems to deliver reliable, consistent and fault tolerant product experiences