Responsibilities / Position Overview
- 8+ years’ experience in potable water storage, distribution and wastewater conveyance-related projects - i.e. small to large diameter pipelines, force mains and pump stations, storm water management planning and best management practices, elevated storage tank, dam, and reservoir projects.
- The role will incorporate all aspects of being a Sr. Engineer including; Technical Lead, Business Development Support, Construction and Project Management.
- In addition, this role offers the potential to transition into a leadership role of the Connecticut Water Division as the current Director starts to phase out of the process in 5-7 years.
- Assist with marketing and growing the public-sector business in the Hartford/Connecticut/New England region with a focus on state and municipal clients in the water resources and environmental markets.
- Serve as the Design and/or Client Manager for key water resources projects.
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of projects.
- Regularly develops and evaluates project plans.
- Provides leadership, direction and technical guidance on water resources projects both internally and externally.
- Assesses the feasibility and soundness/validity of proposed engineering evaluations when necessary data are insufficient.
- Responsible for ensuring proper quality control procedures are implemented on all projects.
- Conducts peer reviews and makes technical presentations.
- Assists/collaborates with the Marketing Dept in regards to proposal writing and contract generation.
- Mentors Junior Staff.
- B.S Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or related field.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in CT… or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- 8+ years working as a Water Resources Engineer with at least (5) years of experience as a Design Manager for projects related to water and wastewater system studies, water quality analyses, pump station design, water treatment design and wastewater treatment design.
- Experience working with local communities, including assisting operators with treatment solutions, start-up services and commissioning.
- W/WW Plant experience is a plus.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:Please note that PRIME AE Group, Inc. (PRIME) does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, PRIME AE Group will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, PRIME AE Group explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers and/or other PRIME AE Group personnel, are deemed to be the property of PRIME AE Group.