In this role, you will drive Spirent's growth in a market poised to undergo rapid technology change and business transformation. Spirent's Service Experience business helps the mobile industry deliver quality and performance in voice, video and data services we use every day. The coming rollout of 5G networks presents a great opportunity to guide and play an influential role in this next generation of mobile data communications. As a Staff Engineer for Data Performance Solutions, you will work closely with customers, product management and our engineering team to evolve the Umetrix Data solution.
This position is ideal for a creative, problem solver and technology leader who enjoys solving real-world data networking problems and interacting with customers. The right candidate for this position will be compelled by the need to understand and solve customer's problems and the desire to develop the best solution in the market.
Spirent's customers include the largest and most successful service provides and device manufacturers in the mobile industry and we are relied upon to ensure the quality of the end user experience. If you are someone who can help ensure the continuation of that legacy, we are excited to talk to you.
- Define technical requirements for the Umetrix Data solution based on analysis of customer business challenges, market analysis, competition, and technology evolution.
- Work with leading wireless service providers, mobile device players and OTT service providers to analyze and solve end-to-end mobile data networking problems.
- Serve as subject matter expert on mobile data networking -- IP over 5G, LTE, 3G, WiFi.
- Work closely with product management to define product strategy and solution architecture.
- Contribute to product development and verification.
- Demonstrated success understanding and adopting solutions to mobile data networking challenges.
- BSCS/BSEE/BSCE with 6 years of relevant and practical experience, MSCS/MSEE/MSCE with 4 years of relevant and practical experience.
- Knowledge of the internet protocol suite and experience with network programming, including TCP and UDP.
- Experience with network forensics and Wireshark, iPerf, WinMTR.
- Experience with Linux and Windows networking.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and expertise of telecommunications principles, protocols, and business-practice is preferred.
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills are required, coupled with great people skills and a positive attitude.