Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
DigitalOcean is on a mission to simplify cloud infrastructure for the millions of software developers around the world. We are a small, distributed, and cohesive team. At DigitalOcean, every single engineer has a massive impact on the organization and product, and we want to keep it that way. We believe in autonomy for teams and individuals.
We want people who are passionate about creating products that you and your peers would love.
As a member of the Developer Productivity team, you will be building test tools and infrastructure with a focus on staging and testing. You’ll be at the heart of the engineering pipeline building software that empowers engineering teams to develop rapidly, deploy reliably, and scale DigitalOcean’s products and services. You’ll have ownership of the architecture, design, and implementation of the tooling and infrastructure used by all of engineering.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Enabling every developer to test in a safe environment by building isolated test environments and test infrastructure
- Researching emerging test tools, trends, and methodologies
- Evangelizing best practices for building reliable and robust systems
- Enhancing existing systems and processes
What We'll Expect From You:
- Expertise with at least one of the following languages: Go, Perl, Ruby, Python, C/C++, Java
- Production experience building internal developer/test tools, frameworks, and infrastructure
- Experience creating and implementing staging and testing environments
- A penchant for testing and obsession with engineering velocity
- A passion for chasing down root cause to issues and drive its resolution to release
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.