We are looking for an engineer todevelop our public API and command line offerings.Reporting to the Senior Manager, Client Engineering, this engineer willwork closely with our community and with our owninternal team to bring our excellent userexperience to our APIs.
Our community loves us for our simple to use tools and interfaces. We want to help them scale their business to the next level. You won’t be alone here. We have a great supporting cast to ensure we’re providing a great developerexperience. This role can be 100% Remote or in our NY or Cambridge offices.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Building the public API that teams of developers use to interact with DigitalOcean features.
- Collaborating across the Engineering team to provide a consistent, coherent public API.
- Listening and responding to feedback from the community.
- Working openly/publicly (via github) with open source software.
- Be supported by our infrastructure team for shared infrastructure needs (API Gateway, Auth, Deployment, Observability).
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Empathy for our developer users and the customers/stakeholders you support..
- Passion for delivering simple and elegant solutions that developers will love.
- Opinions about API design: Who are the inspirational/aspirational companies doing it well or not so well in your estimation?
- Experience with REST (and optionally Terraform).
- Understanding of API versioning strategies, access control, and other best practices.
- Excitement about working with Go, gRPC or similar technologies.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.