The Senior Engineer will work with the site teams to identify desirable sustainability initiatives; and provide structure in the assessment of cost effectiveness, technical feasibility, and life cycle impact.
Functional responsibilities include energy strategy development, utility functional performance monitoring, KPI development and benchmarking, as well as identification of innovative technologies to optimize operations. Additional responsibilities include interaction with the operations risk management group, as well as technical support for the Corporate Insurance program.
Responsible to identify areas of significant energy use, the factors influencing this use, and suitable performance indicators for monitoring and management. Monitor and analyze facility and utility energy consumption and costs, oversee campus metering and energy monitoring programs, including the Smart & Integrated Facilities (SaIF) monitoring center.
The Senior Engineer will also determine optimum funding opportunities, coordinate energy retrofit projects and energy audits. Facility design and renovation as well as provide technical guidance to project teams renovating spaces or constructing new facilities, and incorporates appropriate outside advice regarding safety procedures and compliance with applicable codes.
Travel (domestic & international) up to 30%.
- Doctorate degree
- Master’s degree and 3 years of Engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of Engineering experience
- Associate’s degree and 10 years of Engineering experience
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Engineering experience
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of building and fire codes
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong communication, technical writing, relationship building, leadership and mentoring skills
- Effective change agent
- Independent, self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task
- Ability to operate effectively in a cross-functional environment while managing competing priorities for multiple clients
- Ability to manage and deliver results in a highly fluid, interactive matrixed environment
- Ability to lead virtual teams; prepared to work in and embrace a team-based culture that relies on collaboration for effective decision-making
- Energy Manager Certification (CEM) or LEED AP
Job ID: R-60671