Senior Engineer Training Lead: Providence, RI | Denver, CO
You have an in-depth understanding of cloud-based application development and make a habit of keeping up-to-date with industry changes. You have an innate desire to learn that's as strong as your passion for sharing knowledge. You're as comfortable in front of an audience of developers as you are behind the screen.
At Kenzan, we create elegant software solutions that capture the eye and imagination. We pride ourselves on our kind and collaborative approach to difficult problems. We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Engineer Training Lead to help drive technical learning programs in our Providence or Denver offices, as well as on-site with our clients. We need someone who has the energy and expertise to bring our clients on board with the latest innovations in cloud development.
What we'll expect from you.
- Work with clients to create a living curriculum that accelerates the client's technical capacity with hands-on learning
- Actively seek out and come up to speed on innovative technologies
- Travel to client sites in North America and possibly internationally (at least 3 weeks per quarter) to facilitate training for client developers
- Coach Kenzan developers to help them design and deliver training sessions (you'll create and teach courses as well)
- Work side-by-side with client developers to help them integrate new technologies into their workflows
Some qualifications we are looking for.
- Experience creating and delivering technical training for developers, including example code and projects
- Outstanding presentation skills, with the ability to conduct real-time whiteboarding and live coding demos remotely or in person
- History of actively engaging with the development community or presenting at MeetUps or conferences
- Passion for traveling, meeting otherdevelopers, and sharing technical knowledge
Some technical qualifications we are looking for as well.
- Expertise in front-end and/or back-end development, including experience with relevant development tools such as AngularJS, Node.js, and Java 1.8.
- Experience in the design, development, and deployment of large-scale enterprise applications with multiple tiers
- Experience integrating applications with databases such as MongoDB and Cassandra
- Understanding of cloud-based environments
- Thorough understanding of REST APIs
- Experience with unit and integration testing tools such as Protractor or Jasmine, and build tools such as Gulp or Webpack
- Extensive experience with version control systems (Git is preferred) and issue tracking systems (JIRA is preferred)
- Highly comfortable with Bash and the command line
- Familiarity with containers and associated tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Bachelor's Degree plus 4 to 6years experience, or 6 to 8years proven work experience, or demonstrated ability
- Experience with microservices architecture, continuous integration processes, or serverless architecture are a plus
One last thing, if you have a lot of these skills, but not all of them, please still apply. We love to teach those who are willing to learn.
More about us. is a professional services company owned by that specializes in digital transformation, application development, and architecture consulting. Combining leadership with technical expertise, Kenzan works with partners and clients to craft solutions that leverage cutting-edge technology, from ideation to development and delivery. We are highly collaborative, exceptionally detail-oriented, and love to be challenged. We use the latest technology including cloud infrastructure, containerization, and continuous integration and delivery tools.