At Temboo, we build software that people are using to fundamentally change the world around us. Temboo is empowering people to build an amazingly diverse range of physical computing systems at the intersection of hardware, software, and human aspiration, and we want you to help us as we grow and scale Temboo. A few highlights:
- Temboo's software comes pre-shipped in hardware development platforms for millions of devices from companies like Texas Instruments, Samsung, Arduino, with more to come.
- Our customers have implemented a wide range of IoT applications across different industries, from wearables-based medical research and aviation component maintenance, to industrial baked goods manufacturing, and even octopus farming!
- Temboo integrates with over 100 internal and external APIs and cloud services, and we work closely with API providers such as Amazon and Microsoft to make their APIs more accessible.
- Engineers, plant managers, and others who manage physical assets like facilities, equipment, and labs, have upskilled themselves with Temboo, using our tools to build their own Internet-connected sensor and hardware applications for their jobs, and in the process learning IoT development skills without going through formal training or education.
- Temboo has been adopted as a teaching tool by over 150 universities worldwide, in courses ranging from traditional CS and engineering, to digital art and urban data mining, and is a New York State approved provider of IoT instruction for professional licensed engineers.
We’re looking for a curious, skillful senior engineer to join our team. You'll be responsible for leading projects and making significant contributions to the technical design and implementation of the Temboo platform. This role offers the opportunity to contribute to core product features while working across teams, doing whatever is necessary to ship great software.
What You'll Be Doing
- Designing and building Temboo features, APIs, services, and systems that people use to connect the physical world to the digital
- Leading projects from start to finish, taking in specification, architecture, implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance
- Continually improving performance and reliability as Temboo scales
- Writing maintainable code that your fellow engineers will thank you for
- Contributing to the continued improvement of Temboo's engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Representing the engineering team in planning and product discussions
- Dedicating time to researching emerging technologies, from machine learning to blockchain, to help push the Temboo platform forward
What We're Looking For In You
- You have 5+ years experience as a senior engineer, building products that people love
- You’re a strong programmer with a solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals
- You have hands-on experience with architecting robust, scalable distributed systems
- You are confident leading technical architecture discussions and helping drive technical decisions
- You have a willingness to learn and use new technologies, strategies, and tools
- You have strong written and verbal skills, with an ability to explain complex technical concepts to a range of audiences
- You have a computer science or related engineering degree
- Bonus points for: experience with any Temboo-supported language, experience with machine learning technologies (especially TensorFlow), experience building scalable APIs, experience with programmable hardware e.g., Arduino, and a quick sense of humor; we also need a bass player, so let us know if you can jam!
Why You Should Apply
- You’ll have a high-impact role working with transformative technologies like IoT and Machine Learning
- You'll work on exciting technical challenges like designing secure, optimized protocols for communicating with internet-connected hardware, iterating on our data models and supporting architecture to scale to masses of connected devices, and implementing predictive algorithms for generating insights on sensor data sets
- You’ll be writing software that people use to make a positive impact on the world
- You’ll get wide-ranging exposure to different aspects of the technology and business worlds since Temboo touches hardware & software, multiple layers of the technology stack, and a variety of industries
- You’ll be part of a committed, smart, respectful, and fun team
- We offer competitive compensation, a casual office environment, and respect for autonomy
- Our users are our customers, and they control their own data. We're not selling ads or user data.