The Senior Systems Support Engineer ensures the stability, integrity and efficient operation of various end-user computing systems such as Citrix, email, instant messaging, file, print, remote access services and other end-user infrastructure products. Serves as the escalation point to provide 3rd tier support for Incident resolution and a liaison to the Core Services Engineering team. Performs administrative tasks that include but is not limited to: System patching, maintenance, Heath Checks, validation, and applying break fix support.
- End User Platform Operations
- Build and maintain End User Platforms utilized by 7,000 associates across 10+ corporate sites and 110+ branch locations
- Coordinate with multiple technology teams to perform large-scale system upgrades and migrations
- Reduce end user technology vulnerability by participating in quarterly security patch validation and coordinating the deployment and remediation of server operating systems and security related application patches.
- Coordinate and perform large-scale associate system upgrades , distributions and data migrations while minimizing associate impact and meeting predefined Service Level targets.
- Develop and maintain operational system run books for related server grade systems and processes.
- Discover, implement, develop and support tools for the Management, Administration and Maintenance of Associate’s Data, Software, and Mobile Devices.
- Participate in quarterly disaster recovery tests
- Provide feedback and recommendations on standards and procedures to Engineering teams.
- Works closely with peer engineering groups providing recommendations and identifying opportunities to improve the associateexperience with end user technologies.
- Develop, Update and Perform Internal Controls Assessment Program (ICAP) Reviews.
- Build and maintain custom reporting used by multiple departments & management in day to day functions.
- Participate or Lead in third party vendor support Escalates
- Provide 3rd tier support and direction for end user server platforms, and serve a point of escalation for the Site Support & Service Desk teams, as well as technical liaison for the Core Services Engineering Team.
- Utilize IT Service Management tools to document, track, and resolve incidents according to procedures.
- Utilize IT Service Management tools to documents system change requests according to Change Management procedures.
- Participate in multiple required daily, weekly, monthly administration tasks.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation escalation support for operations team.
- Make suggestions and work with support teams to implement changes to improve the functioning of the daily support activities.
- Develop and document standardized troubleshooting techniques used to analyze system incidents.
- Plan changes to enterprise devices/systems, with an end-to-end approach based on Engineering defined standards and practices.