Senior Engineer, Software Applications Engineering
The Senior Software Integration Architect will lead technical interactions with SiriusXM's OEM automotive partners ('OEMs') and their infotainment system suppliers ('Tier 1 suppliers') involved in the integration of SiriusXM's software into the partners' automotive systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership in the integration and use of SiriusXM software, APIs, and protocols to OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers that are incorporating SiriusXM services into vehicle infotainment systems.
- Evaluate the OEMs' target system architectures, providing advice to OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers on best practices for integrating SiriusXM software in the targets.
- Assist Tier 1 suppliers in early program software design activities such as identifying target platform requirements, establishing proper SiriusXM API usage, estimating platform resources usage, setting KPI (key performance indicator) objectives, and defining critical interfaces to connectivity and other platform service libraries.
- After initial architecture / design work for a program, provide ongoing technical consulting as needed to the SiriusXM engineering and Tier 1 teams directly involved in adapting SiriusXM software to the target.
- Provide technical feedback from OEM / Tier 1 interactions to internal SiriusXM software development teams to influence ongoing development and enhancements to SiriusXM software.
- Provide technical program management duties on behalf of SiriusXM, tracking and closing open issues at both the OEMs and the Tier 1 suppliers.
- Travel to offices of OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers as required.
- Regularly brief SiriusXM technical staff and management on status and open issues on their programs.
- Perform other technical liaison duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science and/or equivalent combination of education and experiencepreferred.
- At least 10 years of software engineeringexperience, with at least 5 years in automotive infotainment and/or mobile applications.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Enjoys and excels at collaborative engineering activities.
- Excellent oral and written technical communications skills.
- Some international travel may be required. Eligibility for a passport is required.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Senior level knowledge of software architectures, operating systems, and application development environments, preferably in automotive infotainment space.
- Comprehensive understanding of software engineering topics from low level drivers to high level application layer functionality and API's.
- Direct experience working with Android, QNX, and Linux embedded environments.
- Experience with design / documentation tools such as UML modeling and sequence diagrams.
- Familiarity with IP communications standards, mobile connectivity, audio streaming, and security/authentication methodologies.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Senior Engineer, Software Applications Engineering #17-683