The Senior Engineer performs engineering work requiring full competency in all conventional aspects of engineering. This role plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and the substantial adaption of standard engineering techniques, procedures and requirements. This role will also plans and coordinate detailed phases of the engineering activities for part of a major project of a total project of moderate scope.
Duties and Responsibilites
- Conducts engineering activities of advanced scope or degree of difficultly. This could include medium – large components/system, processes associated with a medium or large project.
- Performs assignments independently with limited supervision as to expected results.
- Performs assignments independently troubleshooting tasks as related to product problems.
- Oversees design testing.
- Prepares documentation associated with engineering activities.
- Coaches and develops entry level engineers.
- Conducts testing for assigned projects.
- Determines resolution of advanced/complex technical issues as needed and assures that technical work meets specified requirements.
- Contributes to corrective action development and alternatives.
- Understands and follows requirements of SOPs.
- This position is required to assure compliance of Company operations to all applicable laws, regulations and standards, good business practices and company documented procedures (including knowledge of all standards, government occupational health and environmental regulations and statutes related to the site).
- Engage others, promote, and participate in Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives, focusing on continuous improvement.
Required Skills andExperience
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- 4yeardegree in engineering or similar 9-12years of experience or 5-8years with an advanced degree. Applies extensive technical expertise in the engineering field and has full knowledge of other related disciplines (GPM, RAQA, Sales and Ops).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, inside and outside the unit.
- Ability to work with integrity and build trust.
- Advanced problem solving and analytical ability.
- Ability to critically review and interpret technical documentation.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and to meet key deadlines under pressure through effective time management skills.
- Ability to clearly convey ideas and concepts verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to exercise judgement in making preliminary selections and adaptation of engineering alternatives.
- Ability to guide employees in trouble shooting and in carrying out project related activities.
- Ability to provide basic on the job training, instruct and advise others.