ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. We operate under a sell-manage-do culture, and so we expect that you’d work on challenging technical projects while leveraging your existing knowledge and experience to help Geosyntec expand its current practices and capabilities through business development and client management. You may also be asked to take on project management responsibilities, along with staff management and development, and mentoring tasks.
Some of the key responsibilities for this position include:
- Task and project management, including planning and implementing investigation and remediation projects, budgeting and budget management, adherence to schedule, quality, client satisfaction, and profitability;
- Business development; including bringing in new clients and obtaining repeat business from existing clients, leading proposal preparation, and developing and implementing a business development plan;
- Management and mentoring of junior staff and managing subcontractors;
- Work plan development, data evaluation, and report writing;
- Preparing technical reports, letters, memoranda, plans, specifications, and proposals;
- Reviewing and managing written document production;
- Preparing for and participating in meetings with clients, regulatory personnel, and other parties; and
- At times, job may also include fieldwork including multi-media environmental sampling, sediment sampling and characterization, drilling oversight, contractor oversight, and remediation system operations, maintenance, and construction.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA/MSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including technical conferences, in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 20%
- Overnight travel: Up to 20%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, environmental engineering, biology or other applicable related degree. (required)
- Advanced degree the same. (preferred)
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.)) (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 8 years of direct environmental consulting experience in the Pacific Northwest (OR/WA/AK) marketplace; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- 15 years of direct environmental consulting experience in the Pacific Northwest (OR/WA/AK) marketplace. (preferred)
- Detailed understanding OR, WA, AK and USEPA regulations. (preferred)
- Must have experience being The Engineer of Record on projects.
- Experience with multi-disciplinary project teams. (required)
- Demonstrated success in the development and management of clients. (required)
- Excellent leadership skills. (required)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed. (required)
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. (preferred)
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record. (required)