When you’re the best, we’re the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance now and in the future.
This position will report directly to the Manager of IT Security, who reports up to the Senior Director of Security. A Senior Security Engineer will handle high level projects/tasks that fortify Vizient’s security posture. Expectations are that the ideal candidate will want to evolve themselves and the company into a continually forward thinking operation.
- Skilled working with thefollowing:
- Network intrusion defense systems
- End point protection and monitoring
- Data leak protection
- Intrusion prevention systems
- Vulnerability scanning tools
- Security information and event management
- Forensic investigations and relevant tools
- Identity management tools, AD, LDAP, Okta, and web front ends
- Application code vulnerability scanning (dynamic & static) and application security
- Ability to draft for keeping as-build documentation up to date
- Situational – Communicate tasks and security functions between other departments of IT Operations; as well as business units outside of IT.
- Adaptability - Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Initiative - Deals with problems as they arise, focusing energy and resources on those situations until resolved; identifies new opportunities and takes action; takes on new responsibilities when needed
- Results Focus - Can be counted on to meet or exceed goals; is a conscientious worker who can be relied upon to handle unforeseen obstacles
- Customer Focus - Meets internal and external customer expectations;
- 5+ years experience
- Bachelor Degree in an Information Technology related field or equivalent experience.
- CISSP or related certification preferred
- Familiarity or experience working in HIPAA or PHI data centric company.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.