At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone. Together we make the impossible possible. Because at Samsung, we Own the Unknown.
Role and Responsibilities
- This is a 5G protocol device lead role. This involves in preparing test status reports to R&D management, plan and track the test progress, work with various 3rd party labs/ IOT labs/Carrier labs by providing them inputs to execute tests, track issues, share fixes and discuss actions items to complete the 5G TECC required test scope for various Samsung 5G devices.
- Analyze the 5G NR 3GPP specs, VZW 5G new requirements and 5G IOT, LC test plans and prepare the required dependencies for test execution.
- Execute 5G FR2 & FR1 NSA, 5G Stand Alone mode new feature tests in VZW carrier labs - NDET and Bedminister IOT labs.
- Perform 1st level analysis of issues found during the 5G LC/IOT in real time in VZW carrier labs.
- Discuss with VZW SMEs and RAN/ TE network vendors about the open TE/network issues, provide log analysis to prove its their network issue, prepare action plan and make test progress in real time
- Prepare various test status reports to R&D management.
- Prepare waiver documents for device, network or test equipment related open issues.
- Work with consultants in VZW carrier labs, provide them technical inputs and help them with dependent information to ensure ontime project completion.
- Should be able to work in Agile methodology.
Skills and Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field required.
- 6+ years of experience working on 5G/LTE protocols, Qualcomm/LSI chipset based mobile devices is required
- Good Knowledge of 5G NR 3GPP Release 15, 16 Specifications
- Strong knowledge in 5G & 4G air interface protocols is required.
- Strong expertise working on VZW 5G requirements, Test Plans and knowledge on executing 5G test plans.
- Strong expertise required on 5G & LTE log analysis using Qualcomm tools QXDM, QCAT and Shannon logging tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.