Design of high performance ICs in Peregrine’s UltraCMOS technology. Product lines include LNAs, PAs, PA Controllers, Mixers, RFSwitches, and Digital Step Attenuators. The candidate will support products during the entire product life cycle from product definition through product release to end-of-life. As part of a cross-functional product development team the candidate will support other essential disciplines including marketing and applications, project management, characterization, production and test engineering.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position has responsibility for:
- Product Design and Evaluation: Schematic Capture, IC layout, Simulation/Modeling, Pre-Silicon Verification, Package Analysis, Design Validation.
- Product Documentation: Document all relevant product and design information to educate others on novel design techniques and provide guidance on product usage.
- Product Characterization: Work independently or with Characterization Engineers to define test plan, conduct characterization and analyze performance data.
- Production ATE Development: Work with Test Engineers to define, develop and ramp production ATE solutions.
Knowledge, Skill and Competency Requirements
Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience. In order to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and competencies:
- Critical Thinking: Skilled at finding logical flaws in arguments and plans; identifies problems and solutions that others might miss; provides detailed insight and constructive criticism into problems and complex situations
- Working with Ambiguity: Achieves forward progress in the face of poorly defined situations and/or unclear goals; able to work effectively with limited or partial information.
- Displaying Technical Expertise: Keeps his/her technical skills current; effectively applies specialized knowledge and skills to perform work tasks; understands and masters the technical skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; shares technical expertise with others
- Driving for Results: Aggressively pursues challenging goals and objectives; will to put in considerable time and effort to accomplish objectives; takes a highly focused, goal driven approach toward work
- Making Accurate Judgments and Decisions: Bases decisions on a systematic review of relevant facts and information; avoids making assumptions or rushing to judgment; provides clear rationale for decisions
- Analog CMOS IC design – good understanding of bandgap voltage references, low-drop out voltage regulators, current sources, current mirrors, operational amplifiers etc in a CMOS process. Familiarity with SPICE & spectre analog simulation.
- RF IC design – good understanding of RFswitches, Low Noise Amplifiers, power amplifiers, mixers etc. Familiarity with ADS, spectre RF, MoM, HFSS simulators.
- Digital control – digital programming models, use of digital concepts in RF/analogcircuits (power modes). Familiarity or exposure to Verilog-XL, NC-SIM or AMS simulators.
- Basic knowledge of IC fabrication and how this impacts circuit performance. Good understanding of non-linear effects in transistors
- Familiarity with analog & RF IC layout
- Familiarity with cadence verification, ocean scripts.
- Measurement understanding of S-parameters, NF, Linearity, timing etc
The following traits are highly valued:
- Strength in documentation clarity and completeness
- Automated design flow, including automated pre-silicon verification
- Team player with a strong sense of urgency to meet product requirements on schedule
- Hands on use of lab equipment to validate performance
Minimum Education and Experience:
- MSEE with 3 years of IC Design or BSEE with 5 years of IC Design