COVID-19 vaccination requirements
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all Stryker US employees effective January 4, 2022, as well as all new US employees joining our company. Fully vaccinated persons are those who are >=14 days post-completion of the primary series of an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine. If you are applying to a sales and field role which requires access to customer accounts as a function of your job, you may be required, depending on customer requirements, to obtain the COVID-19 vaccination before the January 4 effective date of Stryker's vaccine policy. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page. Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards - not to mention various social and recreational activities. Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development. Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-teamWho we wantAchievers.
People with a proven track record of bringing cutting-edge medical devices to the marketplace. Collaborative partners.
People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices. Creative Problem Solvers.
People with a proper balance of industry experience and confidence to challenge conventional thinking, when appropriate and bring fresh new ideas to the team. Teammates.
Partners who understand that the team is much more powerful than the sum of the individuals. We want partners that value corporate, divisional and team success above personal success. Technical Rockstars.
People who dive deep into the technical nuances of products and processes with an innate passion for understanding how things work on a micro level.
Act as a technical team member on one or more projects, responsible for process and technology development. The candidate will be involved in all aspects of product and process development, from the early stages of the project up to market launch. The candidate will work closely with their R&D and Operations partners, insuring that reliable, capable and sustainable processes are developed, while insuring that product performance is not compromised. The candidate will, with little supervision, collect and analyze test data. The candidate will influence the technical team, providing guidance via sound engineering judgement and structured data analysis.What you will do
What you need
- Act as member of a technical team, working closely with R&D and process development counterparts.
- Provide technical input to senior engineering leadership and project managers.
- Actively participate in all aspects of process development (PD), from early-stage, through regulatory submission and hand-off to Operations.
- Perform product and process testing activities and author technical documents including test protocols, reports and engineering studies.
- Develop expertise in specific technical areas related to the manufacturing of neurovascular devices.
Know someone at Stryker?
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or an equivalent discipline.
- 2+ years experience as an Engineer in Process Development a MUST
- Strong mechanical aptitude, computer skills, interpersonal skills, time management, ability to problem solve and technical writing skills.
- Experience as part of a cross-functional team preferred
- Knowledge of design control methodologies: process validation, verification, capability and risk mitigation.
- A basic understanding of: design for manufacture, Lean principles, the product development process and medical device regulations.
- Knowledge of common medical device processes: extrusion, braiding, coating, visual inspection systems, sterilization and bonding technology.
- Ability to conduct complex statistical, geometric, and mathematical calculations.
- Ability to read, understand, create engineering drawings on common engineering software.
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/ About Stryker
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com