LOCATION: Corona, CA
DIRECT REPORTING: Quality Manager
CIRCOR | Aerospace Product Brands (Aerodyne Controls, Circle Seal Controls, Bodet, Industria, Motors, Loud Engineering, U.S. Para Plate) are manufactured in Corona, California, Hauppauge, New York; Paris, France; Uxbridge, UK; and Tangier, Morocco. CIRCOR Aerospace is headquartered in Corona, California.
Focused on the design, development, and manufacture of specialty fluid and motion control products for demanding aerospace and defense applications. CIRCOR Aerospace products are flying on most commercial and military aircraft, including single and twin aisle air transport, business and regional jets, military transports and fighters, and commercial and military rotorcraft. Other markets include unmanned aircraft, shipboard applications, and military ground vehicles.
Corona A&D HQ
CIRCOR Aerospace Inc. (CAI) was created in 2008, merging legacy brands Circle Seal Controls, Loud Engineering and Manufacturing and Aerodyne Controls. Legacy brand Motor Technology has also recently merged under CIRCOR Aerospace. CAI California is focused on the design and manufacturing of specialty fluidic control, actuation, and aircraft landing gear systems for demanding aerospace and defense applications. CIRCOR Aerospace products are found on nearly every aircraft, military vessel, and space vehicle in operation today.
KEY PRODUCTS/ APPLICATIONS
- Motor-operated valves
- Hydraulic and fuel manifolds
- Check and relief valves
- Sampling and bleed valves
- Float and shutoff valves
- Pressure gauges and regulators
- Cryogenic valves
- Automatic drain valves
- Circle Seal Controls
- CIRCOR Aerospace
- CIRCOR Motors
- LOUD Engineering
- S. Para Plate
The Senior Quality Engineer shall support the business in the areas of new product development, lean implementation, process capability improvement, daily production support, project management, technical data interpretation/analysis (engineering drawings, specifications, technical publications, component maintenance manuals, purchase orders, etc.), and quality system management.
- Interface with customer Quality representatives on all Quality-related issues and activities.
- Drive manufacturing process capability improvements through variation reduction, error-proofing, and implementation of statistical process control.
- Collect and analyze quality data to identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement of products and processes.
- Provide leadership on problem solving teams to drive root cause analysis and Corrective/Preventive Action (CAPA) plans.
- Represent Quality department on the New Product Introduction (NPI) teams. Perform contract review and drive design-for-quality activities.
- Review and approve First Article Inspection reports per AS9102.
- Perform Purchase Order review for existing and legacy programs.
- Review customer Source Control Drawings, Specifications, and Quality requirements.
- Manage major program manufacturing process qualification.
- Support Supplier Quality Engineering for supplier quality development.
- Validate and respond to Corrective and Preventive Action Requests (CAR/PAR) from both internal and external customers.
- Witness the tear down and evaluation of the customer-returned products in the MRO area.
- Participate on Material Review Board (MRB) and Configuration Control Board (CCB) processes.
- Develop process flow charts/diagrams and Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA).
- Create statistically valid control plans for manufacturing processes.
- Use lean and six sigma tools to drive process and product variation reduction.
- Conduct and participate in the internal and external quality system, process, and product audits.
- Provide technical leadership to inspection team members.
- Support product/process certifications and approvals.
- Develops, monitors and analyzes product/process trend data in order to optimize manufacturing performance and minimize product and process variability and associated production costs.
- Develops and establishes problem/process root cause and definitive corrective action plans necessary to reduce Scrap, Rework and Repair costs.
- Coordinates / makes modifications to existing procedures, production processes, engineering specifications, and inspection techniques/plans/procedures. Monitors results necessary to validate improvements.
- Develops product quality plans and inspection methodologies.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by Quality Management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience: Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in aerospace quality and manufacturing. Experience in blueprint reading and Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T). Experience with various raw materials and manufacturing and quality inspection processes (machining, heat treating, anodizing, painting, NDT, etc.). Experience with flight critical components/systems is a plus.
- High ethical standards. Models and supports organization's goals and values; adapts to changing conditions; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Strong business/technical writing, presentation, planning, problem solving, organizational, project management and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of government contract requirements.
- Knowledge of major aerospace prime customer requirements.
- Familiar with FAA Repair Station regulations and requirements.
- Six sigma tools and methodology; green belt or black belt experience is a plus.
- Lean manufacturing practices to improve product/process quality.
- Excellent problem solving skills aimed at identifying and correcting the root causes of problems
- Demonstrated working knowledge of problem solving tools: 5-Whys, Failure mode and effects analysis, 8-D, Pareto analysis, fault tree analysis, and Ishikawa diagrams.
- Aerospace Quality Management Systems: ISO 9001, AS9100, AS9110, FAR 21, FAR 145, and Nadcap requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement statistically valid control plans and audit plans
- Working knowledge of inspection metrology and proper application of automated measuring equipment
- Excellent working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Ability to create and/or review failure analysis reports and perform dimensional tolerance stack up analyses
- Experience in industrialization processes such as PPAP, PVI (DVI) with FAI per AS9102
Thorough knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project, and other application software
Education: Bachelor of Science degree in technical discipline, ASQ or extensive verifiable experience in lieu of degree. Masters of Science is a plus.
CIRCOR Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including: Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans