Seeking experienced Senior Engineer to provide expert consultation in one or more areas for the design, development, and implementation of technical services, products, and systems.
Title of Position: Senior Engineer
Description of Position:
- Performs professional engineering assignments in support of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I), Automated Information Systems (AIS), and Information Technology/National Security Systems (IT/NSS) engineering efforts in one or more of the following disciplines: communications, electronics, communications security, network analysis, electromagnetic capability, electronic countermeasures/electronic counter-countermeasures (ECM/ECCM), Command and Control (C2) mission analysis, interoperability analysis, system standards, military operations (ground, sea and air), program analysis, or program planning.
- Has thorough knowledge of infrastructure, application programming, and web and software applications.
- Work requires thorough knowledge of concepts and recent developments in the specialty area.
- Provides expert consultation in one or more areas for the design, development, and implementation of technical services, products, and systems.
- Recognized as a technical leader and resource and typically reports to senior management.
- Recommends systems and application architecture and provides vision, problem anticipation, and problem solving abilities.
- Provides expert support for the planning and engineering of an organization's systems infrastructure, including the implementation and design of hardware and software.
- Recommends process and infrastructure enhancements to improve the quality of services, products, and/or procedures.
- Develops test strategies for complex systems and systems of systems and recommends test support devices, automation, and instrumentation.
- Oversees the identification of functional problems and leads the analysis and interpretation of test results.
- Oversees the documentation, definition, and maintenance of internal quality control standards and reliability programs.
- Plans and directs specialized engineers working on technical projects.
- Develops and oversees processes to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Education and Experience Required:
- Requires a technical Master’s degree and at least 10 years of technical experience in the field or in a related technical area.
- Relevant technical degrees include the following, while others may be considered by the Government: various engineering and science disciplines, Physics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Mathematics.
- Related certifications in the area of specialization may be substituted for 1 year of experience. Examples of Government or industry training include, but are not limited to, DAWIA Test and Evaluation Level 3 certification, DAWIA Systems Planning, Research, Development and Engineering (SPRDE) Level III certification, and United States Federal or DoD school training and certification on a specific system, network, or technology (See TEC Services PWS section 6.3.5 for listing of technical skills, training, credentials, and experience.)
- Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers.
- Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written.
- U.S. Citizenship and Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI eligibility required