We are looking for a driven, talented Senior Process Engineer to join our growing Life Cycle Management (LCM) group. The LCM group works as an integral part of our Consumables Manufacturing process and is tasked with increasing quality and yield and introducing new products to our high-volume production environments. You will be responsible for development and scale-up of manufacturing processes that create the consumables and reagents for new BeadArray products. You will provide technical leadership and an operations focus while working cross functionally with groups including R&D, Quality, Supply Chain, Production, and Marketing to bring new products into our global manufacturing sites.
All About You
• Participate in production process definition and improvement, design, development, and quality test activities in the making of consumable products or support of processes/equipment used to determine genetic variation in multiple species of organisms.
• Work cross functionally with R&D, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality to define technical requirements, develop processes, and prepare documentation for new products
• Construct and execute controlled experiments (including DOE's) to characterize processes to be implemented in production of new products.
• Transfer technology, Mfg and QC processes, and products from Development into a regulated manufacturing environment. Represent Operations needs on those Development teams.
• Analyze process test results, issue reports, and make technical recommendations.
• Design, develop, test, and implement changes to increase throughput and yield, and/or reduce costs.
• Work experience in the biotech, diagnostic, pharmaceutical, or medical device industry is desired.
• Experience expanding production capacity and automating processes is desired.
• Experience with high volume production in a high-tech consumables industry is highly desired.
• Experience with fluorescence imaging technologies preferred.
• Experience with biochemicalprocessespreferred.
• Experience with product development processes, design transfer experience, and project management is a plus
• Experience applying statistics, Statistical Process Control, and DOE techniques is a plus.
• High level computer skills are required. Intermediate level programming knowledge is strongly desired. Experience with large data sets a plus.
• Experience with product development processes and project management is desired.
• Good interdepartmental communication skills and documentation skills are required.
• Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals while working across departments is required.
• B.S./M.S./PhD in Engineering, Bioengineering, Biotechnical Engineering, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering, or MS/PhD in Materials Science or Physical Chemistry, with at least 5 years of relevant experience in production support and/or process definition and development, design, scale-up, improvement, and validation.