- Lead process sustaining, definition and improvement, design, development and quality test activities in the making of consumable products or support of processes/equipment used to sequence genomes.
- Lead teams to develop and transfer new processes/products to production and enhance their robustness.
- Troubleshoot production line issues related to yield, quality and throughput.
- Construct and execute controlled experiments (including DOE's) to optimize processes, address yield and quality issues and drive implementation of solutions in a production environment to meet production goals.
- Analyze process test results, issue reports and make technical recommendations.
- Work cross functionally with R&D, Manufacturing and Quality to develop processes for new products and improve processes of existing products.
- Provide leadership and direction to the consumables Process Engineering team to accomplish all team goals and objectives.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, and training employees; maintains a safe, secure, and legal work environment.
- Manage team development through training, coaching and career mapping; develops personal growth opportunities.
- Lead continuous improvement and sustaining efforts for products and processes in support of cost and performance objectives.
- Lead, work on and guide teams to transfer manufacturing processes between manufacturing locations.
- Responsible for productive cross-site and cross-functional relationship between manufacturing sites.
- Work experience in the biotech or semiconductor industries is desirable.
- Manufacturing experience of Oligonucleotide synthesis would be highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead, coach and mentor direct reports required.
- Experience working in an ISO13485 or FDA certified environment is desirable.
- Experience in high-volume production in a high-tech consumables industry is desirable.
- Experience with chemical processes (preferably organic) preferred.
- Experience in production support and/or process development is required.
- Experience with statistics, Statistical Process Control and DOE techniques are required.
- High level problem solving and reasoning skills required.
- Experience with product development processes and project management skills is desirable.
- Good interdepartmental communication, influence and documentation skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals while working across departments is required.
- B.S./M.S./PhD in Chemical Engineering, BiochemicalEngineering, Biotechnical Engineering, or MS/PhD in Materials Science or Physical Chemistry with at least 6 years of relevant experience in production support/sustaining and/or process definition and development, design, scale-up, improvement and validation. At least 1 year as a technical manager or 2 years as a production manager.