$80K — $100K *
As one of the largest investor-owned companies in the U.S. utility sector, PPL Corporation delivers on its promises to customers, investors, employees and the communities we serve. Our utilities - Western Power Distribution, Louisville Gas and Electric and Kentucky Utilities, and PPL Electric Utilities - provide an outstanding service experience for our customers, consistently ranking among the best in the United States and the United Kingdom. PPL has grown from a company with customers and facilities in one region of Pennsylvania to a diverse energy company with more than 10 million customers in the U.S. and the U.K. PPL provides energy for millions of customers while providing challenging and rewarding careers for thousands of employees around the U.S. and abroad.
Follow PPL Corporation on social media
Follow PPL Electric Utilities on social media
PPL Electric Stories
Regular or Temporary
Full-time or Part-timeFull-Time
Under general direction, responsible for the more complex engineering activities. Works independently with minimal guidance using knowledge of engineering concepts in the disciplines required for the specific position. This job is a senior-skill level typically without formal supervisory responsibility, although may supervise one or two less experienced individuals. May provide guidance and direction to other PPL employees to support production of high quality, timely and cost-effective engineering solutions to technical problems.
1. Evaluates, plans, conducts and supervises engineering assignments. Works alone or as part of a project team. Leads engineers, technicians, analysts or others within the work group or cross-functional team.
2. Prepares more complex engineering assignments, alone or as part of a team. Monitors the progress of assigned employees, ensures problems are being identified and resolved, and equitably distributes work. Reviews design documentation to determine compliance with design criteria or standards. Schedules work to meet completion dates and technical specifications.
3. Works independently with minimal guidance in a variety of engineering functions either in field locations or in the home office, which may include necessary activities to optimize system/component performance and availability, and analysis for and development of design packages to add/modify systems, components or standards.
4. Prepares and analyzes data and performs necessary activities to optimize system/component performance and availability. Completes design packages to add/modify systems or components. Maintains the design basis or standards for PPL equipment or facilities, and as needed produces design documents to change that design.
5. Enhances team performance by serving as a design team leader and presents the results of the work groups efforts. may be required to review and approve design work completed by contractors and be a key interface with other groups.
6. Provide project management services, including project coordination, contract administration, material tracking, scheduling and cost monitoring on projects, and review with management. May prepare/review cost estimates, perform bid evaluations, administer material procurement contracts.
7. Provides functional advice or training to less-experienced engineers and other technical personnel. Serves as a technical expert in specific areas. Uses strong engineering principles to provide technically correct and cost-effective recommendations that solve design concerns. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May direct the work of other staff members.
8. Increases and applies knowledge of technical and business skill sets.
<p>Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration.</p><p>In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.</p>
<p>1. Bachelor's Degree in engineering or engineering technology from a college or university. Discipline required will vary by the specific job requirements.</p><p>2. Minimum 5 years related engineering experience.<br /><br />3. Working knowledge of regulatory requirements and industry standards for the specific position.</p>
<p>1. Bachelor's Degree in engineering or engineering technology from a college or university accredited by ABET, or recognized by ABET as substantially equivalent. (Discipline required will vary by the specific job requirements).</p><p>2. Professional Engineer, registered in applicable state.</p>
Equal Employment Opportunity
<p>Our company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected characteristic.</p>
Valid through: 7/6/2021
$250K — $250K+*
3 days ago