Power Unit and Chassis Software Integration Senior Engineer
Honda has a clear vision for the future in 2030, and it’s a joyful one. We are looking for people with the individual skills, courage, persistence, and dreams that will help us reach our future-focused goals. We are seeking diversity of thought and experience to drive innovation and help us make fully informed decisions.
As a member of the power unit and chassis integration department, lead control system modelling, functional analysis, and verification for vehicle development as a technical expert.
At Honda, our associates take pride in their responsibilities. A typical day will include:
- Leads complex Simulink controls system modelling strategy for programming of control system software for chassis and power unit systems
- Technical expert of reduced order vehicle modelling of control system as Software in the loop (SILs) for vehicle simulation to feed early development decisions
- Responsible for detailed analysis of vehicle simulation and including approval of results.
- Presentation of results and negotiation with other function areas and management.
- Lead company strategy for management of ECU data and software revisions.
We are looking for qualified people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, open minds, and a disciplined work ethic. To bring the future to Honda as a Power Unit and Chassis Software Integration Senior Engineer, you must have:
- MS or PhD in mechanical engineering, with systems modelling and control focus
- 10 years of experience or equivalent combination of education & experience in powertrain dynamics and integrated control systems.
- Must be highly proficient in Matlab / Simulink
- Experience in AMEsim and Simscape desired including use of FMI
- Project management experience including utilization of CAE to drive task completion and decision making.
- Familiar with best practices of software development
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Knowledge and Skills
- Project milestone achievement (including adherence to project schedules and resource requirements)
- Project requirements achievement (Simulation & validation results summarized and judged)
- Workflow management (software development and validation throughout the vehicle development process)
- Competitive Base Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Remote Work Opportunities
- Bonus Program
- 401K Program
- Honda Product Programs
- Company Car Program
- Relocation (must meet eligibility requirements)