We are currently seeking a highly encouraged senior engineer to join the Kimberly-Clark Professional Global R&D Team, responsible for developing efficient power solutions across the smart-enabled delivery system platform. This person will work closely with multi-disciplinary groups including Product Development, Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering to drive a flexible set of power options, also handling the power budget to deliver a broad set of features and benefits within the dispenser lineup. The role would be based in Roswell, GA and work with the Senior Manager of Global Health and Wellness R&D.
The role is needed to develop smart/IoT based solutions for our branded delivery systems that will deliver excellent customer experience. You are a catalyst in building upon established brand foundations work to produce novel smart delivery system solutions for the target customer. Further, you will be a key collaborate with internal and external design and technology development partners to identify ways to rapidly prototype, test, and bring designs to market. This position requires a considerable understanding of power engineering, control systems and microprocessor architecture.
- Design, develop, and integrate technology solutions into novel smart/connected consumable product delivery systems under tight power delivery constraints.
- Ownership of power models, power architecture and definition of power technology solutions across delivery systems.
- Influence hardware, software, and mechanical design aspects of the program, guiding power/performance trade-offs of the design
- Define, develop, and execute test methodologies across project life cycle from initial prototype to full scale manufacturing
- Provide coaching and mentorship to less seasoned team members
- Communicate and document project plans and results to key partners
- Document and protect intellectual property
- You will have a Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in a related major scientific field or engineering discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 8 years of experience in a variety of technical assignments
- 7+ years of experience as a hardware engineer, firmware, or electrical engineer working with the following: MCU architecture, control systems, and embedded concepts
- Working experience with C/C++
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up, functional verification, and manufacturing support
- Experience handling third party vendors and taking care of contract manufacturers
- A track record of strong project leadership capabilities on projects of high complexity
- You will have a Bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Experience with the design and development of high volume products
- Working knowledge of debug tools such as JTAG
- Familiarity with battery/power management algorithms
- Experience working on multi-functional global business teams
- Understanding of Kimberly-Clark products, procedures, and processes