As a Knowles team member, you are encouraged to challenge the status quo and see possibility in unexpected places. Because of our entrepreneurial culture, the only limit is your imagination. If you thrive in an agile, fast-paced and collaborative environment, you will fit right in. If you are driven by constantly redefining the gold standard of products and services that help customers, you will be a valuable member of Knowles. Let's move ideas from concept to reality together.
Knowles seeks a motivated and creative individual to work in a fast-paced, market-oriented R&D team environment, developing MEMS technology for microphones and related mobile platform applications. A strong preference will be given to individuals with experience in MEMS process integration/process transfer and characterization of MEMS devices. Individuals will also be expected to have an expertise in data mining, statistical analysis, machine algorithms, failure prediction, DOE setup, developing data models, predictive modeling algorithms and acoustic systems. Candidate will be expected to offer creative insights and solutions for R&D and production problems, to characterize and design MEMS process windows, to help execute and analyze statistical designed experiments and to carry out written and oral reporting.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interface with MEMS wafer foundry partners to execute on new product introductions
- Create and analyze statistically designed experiments to effectively evaluate process corners to identify major risks and ensure margin for high volume applications
- Contribute ideas for new fabrication processes, and refinements to current and upcoming MEMS process flows
- Develop and implement techniques for gathering and analyzing large data sets to identify currently unknown relationships between in-line metrics and final device performance
- Interpret and analyze data from various mechanical, electrical, acoustic and optical characterization procedures on in-line and completed MEMS components; contribute to the development of new characterization methods and procedures
- Work independently and collaboratively; provide assistance on assignments with other engineers as needed
- Lead development of predictive analytics techniques leveraging both repeatable patterns in data and discovering new patterns that reduce cost, increase performance, and improve reliability for microphones
- Access, analyze and transform large product performance and process data in the semiconductor/MEMS and electronic manufacturing environment
- Collaborate with process and design engineering team to understand key data management and analytics opportunities and devise data-driven solutions
- Define data structures, evaluate data quality, and perform appropriate data analyses using software such as JMP, Minitab, R, Python and MATLAB
- Degree in Engineering or similar field (eg. Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering or Physics)
- 5+ years of MEMS or semiconductor process experience in volume applications
- Process experience in chemical vapor deposition, deep RIE and wet chemical etching
- Statistical analysis software experience such as JMP, SAS, Minitab
- A strong background in communication, negotiation, DOE setup, data analysis and reporting
- MEMS process integration and process transfer expertise, particularly in polysilicon/nitride systems
- Experience with advanced data mining, predictive modeling algorithms, developing data models, reinforced, supervised and unsupervised learning methods, linear classifiers, Markov models, Bayesian networks and clustering techniques
- Characterization experience in optical microscopy, SEM, FIB, surface science analysis, interferometry, electrical testing, etc.
- Experience with unstructured & semi-structured data sources, requisite processing tools, electronics assembly flow and test processes
- Knowledgeablewith scripting languages; including python and JMP JSL
Revised: July 2019