We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Systems Engineer. As a Senior Engineer you will be accountable for delivering entire programs or complex, significant portions of programs with some level of novelty. Engineers will support product development efforts as a key member of program teams by leading systems engineering tasks defining, developing or validating a smaller program or several features on a major program.
Impact this role will have on Abbott:
- Gathers, understands, and analyzes input requirements from stakeholders for new medical devices while supporting theinstrumentation/serviceinfrastructure. Translates information into specific system features.
- Synthesizes all gathered information together with technical and regulatory constraints in order to define a system and its behavior resulting in defining a system specification.
- Assists in determining clinical priorities for new products.
- Performs technical planning and performance evaluation studies, conducts technology assessment activities, analyzes system integration issues, generates initial baseline interface specifications, estimates costs and risk, and evaluates customer satisfaction through testing (alpha and beta), analysis and studies.
- Assign projects to specific teams and determine how systems will be architected and implemented. Provides guidance and leadership to teams as appropriate.
- Evaluates prototypes formally and informally through structured and ad hoc testing. Test aspects of new projects or algorithms to evaluate prototypes and validate output to meet intended use requirements.
- Provides input into the development of clinical system validation plans and the conduct of those tests.
- Identifies and resolves issues, escalating as appropriate.
Your experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand Abbott’s marketplace success:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, related engineering field, or equivalent, including relevant coursework and/or work experience in product development.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant, progressively more responsible work experience in medical product development and/or a graduate degree with relevant project experience.
- Demonstrated ability to apply an expert understanding of clinical application to issues in order to bring tasks to resolution within assigned projects.
- Electrical/Mechanical and Systems Test experience preferred
- Medical device industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to effectively integrate information from varied disciplines including Clinical Medicine, Engineering, Marketing and Regulatory Affairsrequired.
- Advanced credential in a relevant discipline/concentration, including Biomedical Engineering, preferred.