We have a fantastic opportunity for a SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER in Danbury, CT to provide design, development, analysis, and project support for space, air, and ground based optical and electro-mechanical payload systems. Become part of an Integrated Product Team responsible for the design effort for space-flight and ground-support mechanical systems having requirements that include precision stability, vibration & shock loads, extreme thermal and vacuum operation and high reliability.
In this role, you will:
- Follow the Engineering design processes for the design of both space-flight and non-space-flight hardware while working in, and with, various Danbury Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) to meet customer requirements
- Take ownership of the designs within the development process and support all team lead tasks
- Coordinate and/or assist in all tooling and fixturing designs, test planning and evaluation, manufacturing & assembly integration planning and execution
- Defend all design and analysis activities thru the coordination of, and preparation for, internal design peer reviews as well as technical and programmatic review milestones (SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR, etc.)
- Be responsible for the documentation of all designs and analyses
- 5-8 years in a Mechanical Engineering or related discipline as well as experience within development IPTs
- Experience participating in, and/or executing the design, analysis, development, fabrication, integration, verification and compliance processes
- A background in opto-mechanical, electro-mechanical, thermal and/or structural systems development
- Experience in supporting teams on discrete design and development efforts
- Experience in solid modeling (CREO preferred) and analysis. Experience with product data management systems
- Detail design work, including drawings and parts lists generation, geometric tolerancing, structural and thermal design and analysis, optical system structural architecture, electro-mechanical packaging, optical system fabrication and metrology design, precision mechanism design and analysis
- Knowledge of government and industry standards for military and space applications
- Knowledge of business management systems such as Project scheduling software and earned value systems
CANDIDATE MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND MUST EITHER HOLD A CURRENT US DoD CLEARANCE OR BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A CLEARANCE.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering Management, or other as it relates to the requirements of this position. Masters degree highly preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 68690BR