At Collins Aerospace, our customers are at the core of our business. And meeting each of their unique needs is the key to our success. The Customer & Account Management organization plays a critical role at Collins Aerospace both internally and externally. We provide executive-level support to major original equipment manufacturers and defense customers and supportour Strategic Business Units (SBUs) by augmenting key relationships and maintaining an excellent customer experience. Internally, we develop and support our SBUs by strategically planning and capturing future growth opportunities while ensuring customer satisfaction. If you want to advance your career while contributing to a vision that helps our customers redefine the aerospace industry, then consider landing here!
This position is for a professional in Manufacturing Engineering, who works independently, designs simple assembly line and sequence of complex operations. Checks manufacturability of existing products and implements manufacturing processes and changes to improve products and reduce costs.
- Designs and modifies small cell or simple assembly lines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout.
- Designs the sequence of larger and more complex operations and installations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other processes, including disassembly/assembly and repairs, to ensure efficiency and optimize performance.
- Designs and implements complex manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control to ensure compliance and effective production.
- Monitors and ensures mandatory modifications, programs, and bulletins are incorporated or complied with, as required by the customer and the applicable regulatory requirements, to ensure legal compliance and adherence to quality standards.
- Identifies opportunities or implements changes, on a need basis, to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts to optimize productivity and ensure optimal use of resources.
- Audits manufacturability of existing products, and recommends modifications or adaptations to address quality, customer, product, or productivity constraints.
Designs and develops manufacturing processes for products, taking into consideration problems inherent in the transfer of technology from research to manufacturing.
- Such design and development may include new or revised processes.
Develops procedures for the economical mass production in cooperation with pilot-plant and production departments.
- Conducts tests and measurements throughout stages of production to determine control over applicable variables; and services, troubleshoots and solves production process problems with processes or equipment already in operation.
- Reviews field support requirements and recommends tools and test equipment.
Determines maintenance and repair materials required for deployment.
- May make recommendations concerning acquisition and use of new technological equipment and materials.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of Aerospace engineering experience
- Engineering testing experience
Job ID 01291663