When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called “nacelles.” UTC Aerospace Systems’ Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
This position applies advanced practical knowledge and experience of tooling and manufacturing techniques, while utilizing lean manufacturing concepts, to improve quality and increase efficiency.
- Hands-on interaction with multiple teams across several facilities to implement impactful change in tooling, detailed part manufacturing, machine shop, assembly, design, composite bonding
- Ability to work wide-ranging topics within the organization to apply meaningful corrective action
- Investigate customer, internal, and supplier issues and drive real time problem resolution
- Oversight of quality clinic integration into site to reduce defects / escapes / cost of poor quality
- Support implementation of new automation to drive down hours / defects per unit
- Statistical problem solving using in depth application of tools
- Design and implement engineered solutions (typically mechanical) to solve problems using:
- Mechanical planning systems
- Preliminary mechanical design analysis of tooling and manufacturing methods and techniques required to develop and administer the overall manufacturing philosophy for major detailed and assembly programs
- Provide technical guidance to other personnel in technical, administrative, and support functions
- Implementation of detailed manufacturing, tooling and/or equipment requirements to ensure compliance by affected departments
- Establish and maintain controls necessary to ensure satisfactory completion of the manufacturing plan for an assigned program
- Originate and propose new/improved tooling designs, materials, manufacturing equipment and methods to simplify and/or improve existing manufacturing methods
- Other duties as assigned
- 10+ years as a Manufacturing Engineer or related experience
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning software, specifically SAP
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience in aerospace or related manufacturing industry
- Experience with CAD/CAM applications
- Experience leading or training others
- Position May Travel
- Ability to support a flexible work schedule that may include evenings or weekends
- All qualified applicants must have the ability to bend, stoop, stand, kneel and lift up to 25 lbs. repetitively throughout the day and be able to wear the necessary Personal Protective Equipment.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- High School Diploma or GEDrequired.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 67555BR