What we’re looking for
Are you interested in being part of a small team tasked to build the next-generation industry-leading platform for machine data? Splunk's Cloud group is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help lead, design and build the future of our large scale Cloud offering. You will be working on the core compute platforms and infrastructure in support of Splunk’s cloud offering.
We are an engineering- and product-focused company. Our engineers take a leading role in designing, architecting, building and testing our product. We have a substantial AWS and Kubernetes presence of large-scale containerized systems. This is an incredible opportunity to utilize your existing cloud experience and help drive the growth of the Splunk Cloud.
What you provide
- Cloud and container experience. Building and scaling secure services on different cloud providers is a plus. You will use Kubernetes, Istio, Docker, Vault and AWS.
- Desire to learn and adapt. Our agile team has a lot of projects going on at once, and you'll have the opportunity to learn to navigate the code and features. You'll constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
- Passion. Our customers are passionate about Splunk, and we want the same from our engineers. We want you to actively own your work and be excited about your projects.
- Data structures and algorithms. A solid grasp of data structures, algorithms, and RESTful APIs.
- Distributed programming. Experience in working on distributed systems like databases, distributed file systems, distributed concurrency control, consistency models, CAP theorem is an added plus.
- Ability to work with multiple programming languages. We have code in several languages, ranging from Go to Python. In this position you'll be mostly using Go.
- Drive for automation. You constantly consider, "How can I automate this manual process?"
- Knowledge of technical excellence. You know continuous delivery, testing, security practices, performance, and disaster recovery.
- Operational excellence. Data excites you and you make decisions based on numbers rather than assumptions. If an issue arises, you strive to be alerted before our customers notice.
What we provide
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are always expanding into new areas, working with open-source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A team of incredibly capable and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. Are you interested in working on distributed systems that dynamically scale to meet the need of Splunk’s cloud offering? We have that. Do you want to go deep into optimizing how we automate every manual process and tedious task we encounter? We have that too, and more.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe that mentors help on both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, work together to get things done and adapt to the changing needs for the team. We keep it real by being open and honest. We are a collaborative team that understands the value in open communication.
- Balance. We don't expect people to work 12-hour days. We want you to be successful outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes (even after the office opens back up)? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Fun. We have frequent group outings and team building events when in person and do our best to keep up the fun with remote events while we are out of the office as well. We are committed to having every employee want to give it their all, be respectful, feel like a part of the family and have a smile on their face while doing it.