Duck Duck Moose, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Khan Academy, is an award-winning creator of educational children’s applications. We are looking for a talented full-time, in-house Senior Engineer to join our collaborative team of designers, illustrators, engineers and product people. You should have a BA/BS degree in Computer Science, with at least 7+ years of strong mobile, web, or server experience.
Our Engineer will help redefine the way a whole new generation of children learn and interact with media globally. You will work with a small, collaborative team of engineers, product managers, and designers to create outstanding user experiences. Our ideal candidate will have a deep passion for great design, an outstanding attention to detail, an excellent sense of humor, and a love of games and children’s media. You will be involved in the ideation, and concepting as well as the development for our growing suite of award-winning iPhone, iPad and Android apps. You will also share our love of learning, a strong understanding of mobile interaction design, and an easy-going, fun-loving (and playful) personality.
Skills and Requirements
- A strong passion for engineering, creativity, and problem solving
- 7+ years of mobile, web, or server experience
- iOS, Android, NodeJS, Angular experience a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Strong work ethic, organizational skills, attention to detail, and communication skills
- Ability to work locally in our office in San Mateo, CA
- Competitive salary
- Great Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, 401k
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- A fun, supportive team and flexible work opportunities
- Weekly team lunches
- The best Chocolate Ice Cream in the World anytime