You will learn an enormous range of technology and see it applied across the company. American Express has an enormous opportunity to leverage new and disruptive technologies with an enterprise focus on automation.
The team is empowered to shape our technology and product roadmap. Bring your talent and desire to deliver innovative capabilities across an organization which is ripe with opportunity. You should be familiar with modern software development methodologies and be able to dive deep and rapidly iterate on ideas despite ambiguity.
We need a bright and collaborative Senior Engineer to deliver our automation platform.
- Building an enterprise software platform
- Develop a software solution
- Learning new technologies and building integrations into many platforms
- Ability to define architecture and design, and get under the hood of complex architectures and distributed systems
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
Are you up for the challenge?
- 7+ Years of experience, Java, J2EE - Backend
- Expertise with application design, software development and automated testing
- Understanding of distributed systems
- Experience with Agile(Scrum), Rally, Jira, Confluence, Kanban
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required
- Deep understanding of SOA, Micro-Services
- Deep understanding of auto-scaling and containerized environments
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to solve technical problems and the ability to influence and optimize input from key partners
- Passion for shipping quality software fast and frequently
- Attention to detail