About the Role
We are looking for an exceptional Senior IT Engineer that possesses a deep and broad knowledge of networking, virtualization, server, storage and operating system technologies. This is an individual contributor hands-on role that will help Spin scale business systems and IT infrastructure in a safe and secure manner. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated and a self-starter with a get it done attitude.
- 50% IT Engineering
- Solve complex problems related to infrastructure services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- Design, write, and deploy software to improve the availability, scalability, and efficiency of Spin's systems.
- Manage the day-to-day IT ticketing system by resolving support issues in a timely manner and escalating when necessary.
- Participate in IT projects and work collaboratively with cross functional teams.
- Recommend new solutions and process improvements within the IT team.
- 50% Security Engineering
- Monitor, support, evaluate existing security controls, and make recommendations to enhance security.
- Maintain awareness of the current threat landscape and recommend mitigations against threats.
- Assist in threat modeling to identify top threats to organization.
- Assist in creation and evolution of runbooks, policies, and procedures.
- Develop working relationships and trust with other teams by acting in a consistent, genuine manner.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments to ensure that critical vulnerabilities are identified and work with system owners to ensure they are remediated.
- Knowledge of Endpoint Protection, Device Management, and Data Loss Prevention.
- Experience in Infrastructure automation through scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, PowerShell)
- BS in Information Technology or a related technical field
- 8 or more years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of all layers of multi-tier enterprise IT infrastructure systems, including compute (workstations and servers), storage (SAN, NAS, data protection and archiving), network (media, switches and routers), database, hypervisor and directory services.
- Understanding of enterprise application architectures (3-tier, client/server, web, etc.) and how these relate and translate into infrastructure requirements.
- Proven ability to work independently and on own initiative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly & analyze quantitatively.
- Detail oriented, and ability to meet, and exceed, quality standards.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with an ability to determine an appropriate level of detail given project milestones.
- Manage and execute projects with a strong bias for action; ability to effectively prioritize projects and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to juggle many tasks and projects simultaneously in a fast-moving environment and must be a self-starter who is excited and curious about technology.
- Post-Implementation Reviews - Conducts PIRs after completing a project in order to evaluate whether the project objectives were met, determine how effectively the project was run, learn lessons for the future, and ensure that the organization gets the greatest possible benefit from the project
- KPAs, metrics and SLA tracking - Understands and applies the tools and techniques to define, measure and control the performance of the project or IT operations.
- Cost estimations - Has the knowledge to calculate the cost of a program, project, or operation accurately, transparently, and reliably
- Thorough understanding of control, audit, regulatory and compliance requirements and
- frameworks (NIST 800-53, ISO 27001, GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, PCI)
Nice to have:
- Jira and Confluence experience a plus
- Palo Alto Cortex XDR
- AWS and GCP
- Security Awareness Training Tools
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles