As a part of the larger Cloud Practice team, the role involves the following activities:
- Analysing customer requirements for cloud infrastructure, cloud-based platforms, and cloud-based applications, with particular focus Edge Compute requirements.
- Crafting solution designs for 5G, IoT/IIoT, and Telco Cloud architectures, especially as relates to distribution of virtualized network functions and cloud-based platforms and applications
- Designing, costing, and specifying distributed solutions, taking several considerations in to account:
- The use of MEC and other Edge Compute structures and practices
- Optimizing application and platform performance especially as relates to distribution of functionality
- Network performance, including satellite segments in overall application performance
- Connected, Intermittently connected, and disconnected Edge architectures
- Intelligent Edge capabilities – cloud infrastructure extensions, multi-cloud Edge hosting, NFV hosting
- The use of technology platforms – e.g., AI/ML, Security, Content Management – in support of the customer applications
Who We Are Looking For (More About You):
In order to achieve the outcomes described above, we believe you will have the following:
The role requires knowledge of and skills in a significant number of the following areas:
- “Telco Cloud”, including Cloud Native network architectures, SDN and NFV technologies, and orchestration solutions
- Mobile edge technology, including application for 5G
- IoT/IIoT platforms and application architectures, in particular for remote end user verticals served by satellite connectivity: Aero, Maritime, Energy/Oil & Gas, Mining, Agriculture, etc.
- Demonstrated experience and results in MEC, 5G, and IoT/IIoT projects and designs.
What’s in it for you:
- Flexible working policy
- Bonus and equity plans
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits plans
- A range of wellness activities and employee assistance programmes (varies by location)
- An employer that values all aspects of diversity and respects every individual’s story