What will I be doing? ?
As a Senior Engineer you will:
- Contribute to our technical architecture as we grow. Intercom scales to support our customers’ traffic - we serve our Messenger to tens of millions of people every day.. We’re growing and so are they.
- Ship a change to production on your first day and a feature in your first week. That “day one” change is automatically deployed to production along with 200 other deployments (on average) each weekday
- Have regular opportunity and support for career growth. We are constantly growing and forming new teams; there are many opportunities to lead, either as an engineer, or to transition into a manager role.
Represent Intercom with pride. Whether through public speaking, writing, contributing to open source projects, or even hosting a podcast, you will play a key role in representing Intercom in the broader community of software engineers. We run events to share how we think and how we go about building great product - our last one was very well received.
What skills do I need? ?
- Ideally, you’ve built an exciting SaaS product in your previous roles and loved the satisfaction that comes with knowing that people around the world are using something you’ve created
- You can demonstrate significant impact that your work has head on the product and/or the team
- You also need to have deep knowledge of a high-level programming language (for example, Ruby, Python, Perl etc.) but it doesn’t need to be a language that we use here! Great people are effective and learn what we use quickly (or introduce us to better ways of working)
- You will have experience with Distributed systems
- Knowledge of Web or mobile animation
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!