TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Tasks Summary & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate communications between TE and external customers on market demands for high speed connector applications for the Industrial and Commercial Transportation industry.
- Interface with TE’s global product development teams in support of high speed connector and cable assembly development.
- Act as a technical partner and provide support to Infotainment marketing and Customer OEM teams.
- Attend/support customer meetings and site visits.
- Work with customers to determine and document requirements and applications, develop, design, and analyze new high speed products, develop prototypes, define and perform testing.
- Provide Platform and Custom design solutions for high speed connector and additional Infotainment data transmission products.
- Define and develop new product concepts with other global TE Infotainment departments that provide technical or cost advantages to the market/customer to improve TE's Infotainment position within the Industrial and Commercial Transportation Market.
- Execution of simulations, tests and measurements of high speed solutions at the sub-system and system level.
- Develop high speed cable processing standards for the application of connectors.
- Support TE Launch teams in bringing high speed solutions to production.
- Troubleshoot design issues during production startup.
- Domestic and International travel may be required.
Special Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Product development for the automotive or industrial/commercial vehicle market in accordance to QS9000: TS16949 is a plus.
- Experience in the field of high speed connector technology.
- Knowledge of vehicle architecture is a plus.
- Understanding of high speed connector and cable assembly process technologies.
- Understanding of AEC-Q100, Open Alliance with respect to physical layer, IEEE 1588, and IEEE 802.1AS
- Experience in signal integrity and differential signaling.
- Experience in simulations, test and measurements for high speed systems.
- Experience using simulation software, such as HFSS and CST.
- Experience using Vector Network Analyzers and Time Domain Reflectometers.
- Professional, structured, autonomous, and creative work style.
- Customer oriented and capable to liaise on technical matters.
- Excellent team player, able to cooperate with International teams.
- Good communication skills, especially related to technical matters.
Educational Degree: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering required, Masters Degreepreferred Professional Experience (years in what processes and function): 5 years of systems related experience with an automotive or industrial/commercial vehicle industry Tier 1 supplier.