Microchip’s Analog & Mixed Signal Business unit is seeking an experienced & self-driven Product Engineer to develop high performance Analog & Mixed Signal ICs. You will be part of a new product introduction (NPI) team, directly impacting business growth by helping introduce new and innovative products to the market. As a member of a growing business unit, you will influence our product development strategy and help us develop our portfolio of products.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead cross-functional New Product Development teams.
- Work with your NPD team to develop Validation, Qualification and Characterization plans for new ICs.
- Develop/Improve lab bench setups to support validation and characterization of new products.
- Interface with internal teams and external suppliers to resolve manufacturing issues that are technical (fab, test, design related) and non-technical (supply chain, system related).
- Work with Applications and Quality Engineering teams to support customer returns and failure analysis.
- Drive continuous improvement in product quality and cost while sustaining existing products.
- Monitor profitability of product lines and work with subcons / factory to mitigate any manufacturing issues
- Mentor junior team members and be part of an excellent team oriented culture
- B.S. in Engineering with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong understanding of Fundamental circuits & IC development stages from concept to manufacturing
- Ability to effectively communicate in English (verbal and written)
- Excellent analytical, project leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of semiconductor device physics and processing.
- Experience with bench laboratory equipment.
- Ability to comprehend and review design objective specifications and data sheets.
- Knowledge of Labview, Matlab, PCB Layout, Confluence, Jira and MS Project.
- Knowledge of 6-sigma programs, 8D process, FMEA, SPC and formal problem-solving skills
- Architectural knowledge of Op Amps, Amplifiers, ADCs, DACs, and Temperature Sensors is a plus.
- ATE Test development knowledge is a plus