ICI Services is a fast growing employee-owned Company with our headquarters office located in Virginia Beach. We are a mid-size defense contractor and have a fast-paced and exciting work environment. We are looking for a Senior Engineer who is familiar with the US Navy AEGIS Combat System and has experience leading dynamic systems engineering teams in a US Navy acquisition environment to lead the Engineering Team on a project supporting the Naval Surface Warfare Center Port Hueneme A-Department.
- Applicant must hold an active Department of Defense (DoD) SECRET personnel security clearance
- Review and evaluate AEGIS Weapon System and AEGIS Combat System performance specifications and technical design documents for conformance to operational and contractual requirements; recommend design improvements; review proposed design improvements, waivers, deviations and alterations for their impact on performance, reliability, maintainability, availability, man-power, quality, safety, risk and life cycle cost. Participate as a member of the technical review team in preparation for design reviews during all phases of system life-cycle support.
- Attend planning meetings and participate in design reviews to ensure that system requirements are addressed. Assist in preparation of technical presentation material. Participate in system reviews such as Initial Baseline Review (IBR), Baseline Review Board (BRB), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), and Critical Design Review (CDR). Document meeting findings and follow-up on meeting action items.
- Provide systems engineering analysis, reviews, studies, documentation and recommendations related to the development, interoperability, integration analysis, operations, sustainment and disposal of Battle Force units, interface between units, systems, subsystems and equipment.
- Provide engineering analyses, recommendations and documentation to IPTs, special advisory boards, off-sites, working groups, audit teams, and similar forums.
- Develop and maintain engineering plans, program records, design histories, design configurations, databases and other documentation.
- Carry out modeling, engineering development, pre-production and simulation development and analyses.