Job Duties and Responsibilities
DISH Technologies, in Englewood, CO, is looking for a Senior RF 5G NR Engineer who will be creating RF and electrical engineering designs employed in DISH Technologies communication devices deployed on DISH Wireless cellular network involving 5G NR and other wireless technologies.
- RF and electrical engineering designs employed in DISH Technologies communication devices involving 3GPP 5G NR and 4G LTE following Rel. 15 and 16 standards. Responsibility covers wireless radios including chipsets, module level specifications, and validation. Compliance with 5G SA standalone and 5G NSA non standalone networks with uses cases involving eMBB, mMTC, and URLLC are required.
- Support incorporation of chipset and/or 5G/4G LTE modules into final user equipment UE products as required.
- RF and electrical engineering designs employed in DISH Technologies communication devices involving 3GPP LTE standards for NB-IOT and potentially other LPWA radios including chipset and module level specification and validation as required.
- RF and electrical engineering designs involving ATSC 3.0, LoRA and other wireless technologies as required.
- Responsible for specification, design, testing, along with vendor engagement for technical development of chipsetsto products
- Responsible for circuit design from specifications, part selection, schematic entry, layout, optimization, validation, tofinal mass production.
- The Engineer will report to the Director of RF/OEM Engineering and work with other Engineers as part of a team.
- This individual will provide timely status on progress of projects to management.
- The engineer may be asked to interact directly with DISH Technologies constituents through normal business communications, trade shows, or other functions as warranted.
- Responsible for design analysis and simulations, as well as analysis for mass production high volume design.
- Evaluation for cost analysis and optimization of design vs. performance
- Fabricate, troubleshoot, and test prototypes
- Document designs and write test procedures and reports
- Issue final approval with supporting documentation to management and document control groups
- Support internal groups such as other design groups, manufacturing, service and management
- Travel domestically and internationally in order to support product development.
#RF #rfengineer #nbiot #catm1 #lte #recruiting #job #EnglewoodCO
Skills - Experience and Requirements
You will be a great fit if you meet these requirements:
- BSEE or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8 years in RF cellular wireless design from component level through system level
- 8 years in use and knowledge of RF cellular wireless test equipment and methods
- 8 years with hands-on component level RF cellular wireless circuit design experience
- 8 years with documenting designs: schematic, bill of materials, test procedures, and validation data
You will be even more qualified if you meet these qualifications:
- Use of such as spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, bit error rate testers, signal sources, modulators, and noise sources
- 5G NR radio and designs incorporating 3GPP Release 15 and 16 support for eMBB, mMTC, and URLLC for deployments into SA, standalone, and NSA, non-standalone, networks. Experience with validation of RF, RRM, and Protocol compliance.
- IoT Radio and designs incorporating 3GPP LTE NB-IOT, LoRA, SigFox, and other related low power wide area battery powered devices as required. Experience with the associated standards and validation of RF, RRM, and Protocol compliance testing.
- ATSC 3.0 front-end designs from tuner through demodulator
- Use of automated test environments such as Labview to support RF testing
- High volume and low cost consumer electronic designs
- Must be flexible, innovative and have the ability to prioritize in a fast paced, growth-oriented and time-critical environment
- Familiar with consumer electronics design process and cycle time
- Familiar with consumer electronics design process and cycle times