FRE00008 GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents and the Pacific region. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 9000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
GHD is growing and seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Food and Agribusiness team in our Fresno, California office. We seek a Senior Mechanical Engineer with diverse technical background to work directly with clients and our highly collaborative globally integrated design teams to understand project needs, lead design solutions, and assist with project execution, and commissioning. A highly developed understanding of the latest technologies and techniques in the Food and Beverage industry are essential to your success in this role. This position requires organized and effective communication directly with clients, project managers, engineers, and vendors to ensure successful project delivery. A strong working knowledge of food industry regulations, process design and project management will be needed. Responsibilities will include:
- Leading highly collaborative teams of project managers, engineers and others to identify, design and execute leading edge solutions for our clients in the Food and Beverage industry.
- Managing projects, developing project scope, accurate costs and detailed deliverables to ensure timely and efficient project execution.
- Provide technical review and input on engineering design deliverables with internal engineers and clients’ team members
- Responsible for assisting with business development, project management and building exceptional client relationships.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of food and beverage project participation in operations or engineering
- Knowledge of USDA/FDA sanitary design principals, AIB standards and related regulations.
- Work will consist of office and on-site work; ability to travel to client site as needed.
- Production flow analysis, design experience, and process optimization experience required
- Cross-functional project knowledge with other engineering disciplines (Electrical, Civil, Structural etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills, including report-writing and preparation of competitive proposals.
- Strong design skills working in a collaborative environment on multi-disciplinary projects
- Strong project and staff management skills, managing multi-disciplinary projects on time and within budget.
- Strong analytical skills and sound technical judgment.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, team player, willing to work on a wide variety of tasks with minimal supervision.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.