Req ID: JR-0000038989
We are looking for an experienced RT & Embedded FW engineer to join a group of developers working on the best in class Flash Storage products.
In this position, the individual will be responsible for problem solving, analyzing, designing, coding and debugging firmware for future cutting-edge Client SSD products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Typical activities involve design and implementation of data structures, software algorithms (FTL), data path, drivers for HW cores, and implementation of storage interfaces such as PCIe NVMe – to deliver the future cutting-edge storage products.
- The firmware development is done on multiple environments: PC with full HW simulation (C language in Visual Studio), FPGA board, and on the final product.
- This position involves design and development of new innovative features followed by quality unit test implementation, altogether with maintaining and debugging 3rd party code.
- Working closely with excellent colleague engineers, coping with complex challenges, innovating, and developing products that will be sold in millions of units.
- A minimum of a BSEE, BSCE, or BSCS (MSEE, MSCE, MSCS preferred) with 2+ years of related experience in Firmware development
- Advanced coding skills in C, effective debugging techniques, and analytical skills both in the system level and in the unit level are required
- Strong verbal and written skills are required
- Knowledge/experience working with NAND is required
- Experience with logic analyzer is required
- Knowledge/experience with developing flash translation layer algorithms is a big plus
- Detailed knowledge of RTOS and microprocessor architecture is a plus
- Knowledge and expertise in assembly language coding is a plus